A Heart For Change. What is this all about?

I have decided to start an anonymous blog. I am currently a freshman in high school with big dreams to grow up and follow in the path that God has placed for me so that one day i may have the opportunity to leave my comfort zone to go into the world and make disciples. I want to go and serve. i feel like God is calling me to go to a christian college and go into missions. I've always had a passion for writing. that's what I've always thought i would build my life around but now that's just a small part. i have a bigger dream. a dream that i want to be able to make a difference in the world.  Currently I live with my Mom and Dad who have showed me what it means to be a Christian. I am the youngest in my family and have two older siblings my sister who is in college to be an English teacher and my brother who is about ready to leave and go to college to pursue his dreams. I also have two wonderful dogs. Bailey, my English Mastiff and Boots, my tiny chihuahua. Through my church I have been able to go to camps in the summer. This has helped me to shape my walk with God and it changed my heart. Without camp I don’t think I would have been where I am today. The purpose for starting this blog is to give me an opportunity to reach out and change lives. God changed my life so I want to give back to him. As Christians we are called to go into the world and make disciples. That is my goal with this blog. I want to give an opportunity for someone to stumble around the internet and end up here. In Mark four Jesus is talking to his disciples he mentions a parable it talks about a farmer planting seeds. He later goes on explaining the different places a farmer scatters his seeds some and on the footpath where the birds came and ate it others landed in shallow soil. these sprouted quickly but soon began to wilt and without deep roots it died. some seeds fell into thorns that choked the plants and they did not produce any grain. some fell into fertile soil. these seeds grew to produce crops as much as thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times the amount planted. in this parable Jesus later goes on to explain the meaning. the seed is a symbol of Gods word. the seeds that landed on the footpath represent those who hear about Gods word but Satan quickly comes and takes it away. the shallow soil represents those who receive Gods word but they don't last long. the seed in the thorns represents people who hear Gods word but the message gets crowded out by worries of life, and desires of other things. the seeds in the fertile soil shows those that hear and accept Gods word and produces harvest. I want to plant a seed in peoples heart so that they can know what it means to be a christian and that they can be one step closer to living a transformed life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog